The U.S. Bankruptcy Court of Arizona will be upgrading its CM/ECF system to the Next Generation of CM/ECF (NextGen) on Monday, June 28, 2021. NextGen brings new functionality that will allow electronic filers to utilize a single login and password for efiling and PACER access in all NextGen federal courts (bankruptcy, district and appellate) in which they have permission to file. A function known as Central Sign-On (CSO). This will require all electronic filers to take steps to prepare for NextGen in order to electronically file in our court after it has been implemented.
What You Need to Do Now
1. Get your own PACER account. Each filer must have their own individual PACER account, which will eventually be linked to their CM/ECF filing account once NextGen has been implemented. Shared PACER accounts can no longer be used once the court has upgraded to NextGen CM/ECF.
2. Upgrade Your Existing PACER account. If your PACER account was issued prior to August 11, 2014, you will need to upgrade it.
3. Filing Agents. If you are an attorney or trustee that currently has multiple filing accounts, you will instead need to use filing agents after NextGen is implemented. Therefore, it is recommended that you create filing agents for your existing multiple accounts prior to the upgrade to NextGen. Each filing agent will also need their own PACER account. For information regarding filing agents, click here.
4. PACER Administrative Account. Firms can set up a PACER Administrative Account (PAA) to help manage all their PACER accounts and have those individual accounts centrally billed for PACER access fees. Staff members who share a PACER account for research purposes can continue to share the account; it just cannot be utilized to efile.
5. Note your current CM/ECF login and password that you are currently using to log into CM/ECF. If you do not know your password, please click here to reset it or you can also contact our ECF Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-682-4900. If your password is stored in your internet browser, please click here for instructions on how to retrieve it. You will need your CM/ECF credentials in order to link your upgraded PACER account with your CM/ECF account in order to efile after NextGen has been implemented.
What You Need to Do After CM/ECF Has Been Upgraded to NextGen on June 28, 2021
After the court has upgraded to NextGen, you must link your upgraded PACER account to your CM/ECF account. You will not be able to electronically file until the two accounts have been linked. You will only have to do this one time. Please click here for instructions.
Any questions regarding PACER accounts should be directed to the PACER Service Center at email@example.com or 800-676-6856. Additional information regarding NextGen can be found at https://pacer.uscourts.gov/file-case/get-ready-nextgen-cmecf