Scope and Definition - Chapter 13 Rules
(a) Scope. Local Rules 2084-1 through 2084-28 govern chapter 13 practice.
(b) Definitions. As used in these 2084 Rules.
(1) “arrearage” is the total amount past due to a secured creditor or lessor as of the petition date or, if applicable, as of the date of the filing of a plan;
(2) “conduit payment” is the regular contractual post-petition payment owed by a debtor to a real property creditor when the debtor is in default under the terms of the mortgage as of the petition date or is in default after the petition date;
(3) “mortgage” is any form of perfected security interest in real property consensually granted by the debtor;
(4) “plan” means the original, amended, or modified plan;
(5) “real property creditor” is an entity holding a mortgage on real property, or a servicer of that mortgage, that is the principal residence of the debtor;
(6) “serve” means by regular mail, email or fax; and
(7) “trustee” means the chapter 13 trustee.
Notes 2017: Amended to include definitions relevant to chapter 13 practice.
|Back to Local Rules list||Previous • Next|