Toll Free 1-866-222-8029
What is McVCIS?
The Mult-Court Voice Case Information System (McVCIS) provides the public free, automated case information. This voice case information system can be accessed from any touch tone telephone and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, except for system maintenance. A computer and modem are NOT necessary to access the McVCIS System.
New cases and adversary proceedings will typically appear in McVCIS one to two days after filing.
To access this information system and obtain information concerning District of Arizona bankruptcy cases and adversary proceedings, please follow the instructions below.
- Using a touch-tone telephone dial 1-866-222-8029.
- You will then be asked to select a bankruptcy court district. For information concerning District of Arizona bankruptcy cases and adversary proceedings, you may say "Arizona" or press # for a listing of districts, and enter 90 and listen to instructions.
- The system allows 5 searches per call. For instructions on using the system, press 1. You may search for cases by case number, by a debtor’s name, or by a debtor’s social security or tax ID number.
- To search by case number, press 2.
- Enter the four digit year in which the case was filed by pressing the keys on your telephone corresponding with the numbers in the year.
- Enter the last five digits of the case number.
- To search by a name, press 3.
- Press the keys on your telephone corresponding to the letters in the name. Use the 1 key to enter the letters Q and Z; do not attempt to type in spaces between names, or characters (such as apostrophes and hyphens) that are not letters.
- For individuals, enter the last name, first name, and middle initial, if possible, followed by the # sign.
- To enter the name of a company, type the company name, omitting suffixes such as Inc. and Corp., followed by the # sign.
- To search by a social security or tax ID number, press 4.
Type the debtor’s full social security or tax ID number, omitting any hyphens or spaces.
- McVCIS will search the data base for the case number, name, social security number, or tax ID number entered in the System.
- If the case number, name, social security number, or tax ID number entered is not found on the database, McVCIS will respond "No matching cases were found."
- If one matching case is found, McVCIS will provide the information available for that case.
- If multiple cases involving the same person are found, McVCIS will provide the information available for the most recently filed case.
- If more than one matching person is found, McVCIS will respond "Multiple matching cases were found. Please search by social security number or tax ID number."
- After providing information on the first search, McVCIS will return you to the Main Menu. To perform another search, repeat step 3 above.
- After 5 searches, you will be disconnected from the System. For information concerning additional cases, please redial McVCIS.
Information provided includes:
- Case number;
- Name(s) of debtor(s), or principal party(ies);
- Date the case was filed, whether a voluntary or involuntary petition was filed, and the chapter under which the petition was filed;
- Name and phone number of the debtor’s attorney;
- Trustee's name;
- Name of the Judge to which the cases is assigned;
- Discharge and closing dates;
- Whether there are assets in the case;
- 341(a) meeting date, time, and location;
- Case status; and
- Case disposition.