December 12, 2013
- Moving day is almost here! Our Yuma office will be closed tomorrow, December 13, 2013, while we move to our new Yuma home at the John M. Roll U.S. Courthouse, at 98 W. 1st Street in Yuma. Normal operations will resume at the new location on Monday, December 16, 2013.
November 21, 2013
- Financial Course Provider Registration & Instructions: Effective December 1, 2013, Bankruptcy Rule 1007(b)(7) will be amended to allow approved personal financial management course providers to electronically file the certificate of completion of the post-petition personal financial management course for debtors directly with the court via the Electronic Case Filing (ECF) system. Click here for the ECF registration form and filing instructions.
November 20, 2013
- Tucson/Yuma Cases - Modified Procedures for Order Avoiding Lien on Real Property: Both Tucson judges have modified their procedural pages to include a revised Order Avoiding Lien on Real Property (used when requesting a lien stripping order based on default). The language and reference in the prior Order indicating that service was proper has been intentionally deleted. The revised Order is to be used exclusively in Tucson and Yuma cases and the court will not sign an order which includes service on parties language.
November 6, 2013
- Holiday Closings: The Clerk's Office will be closed or have abbreviated hours for the following holidays during the upcoming holiday season:
- Tuesday, December 24, 2013 - Christmas Eve - Closed at Noon
- Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - Christmas Day - Closed
- Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - New Year's Eve - Closed at Noon
- Wednesday, January 1, 2014 - New Year's Day - Closed
You can see all of the Federal Holidays observed by the Court by clicking on "Federal Holidays" under "Court Information" in the menu above.
November 1, 2013
- Changes to National Rules, Forms and Fees Effective 12/1/2013: Read more ->
October 23, 2013
- National Pro Bono Celebration Week: In honor of National Pro Bono Celebration week (October 20-26), the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Arizona announces its 2013 Pro Bono Honor Roll on the Court website. The Pro Bono Honor Roll recognizes the outstanding commitment and efforts of pro bono attorneys in the District of Arizona.
October 15, 2013
- Planned Building Maintenance: Maintenance activities at the Phoenix Courthouse are planned for Saturday, October 19th, 2013, from 5:30 am to 7:30 am. While it is not anticipated, there may be intermittent interruptions to service of this website and ECF.
October 9, 2013
- General Order 13-1: Consistent with action taken today by the US District Court, Chief Judge Haines has signed a General Order that holds that all employees of the Bankruptcy Court and Bankruptcy Clerk's Office are designated as essential to Court's operations for the week of October 15, 2013. The designation may be extended if a lapse in appropriations continues.
October 4, 2013
- New Self-Help Video: A new video, featuring retired bankruptcy judge Charles Case, has just been released to provide information to potential debtors on the implications of filing bankruptcy without legal representation. The video was funded by a pro bono grant from the American College of Bankruptcy and was the result of a collaborative effort between the Arizona Foundation for Legal Services and Education (Bar Foundation), the Arizona Consumer Bankruptcy Council/ Bankruptcy Section of the State Bar, and the Self-Help Center court staff.