Case Information: 602-682-4000
Self-Help Center: 602-682-4007 or 866-553-0893
Multi-Court Voice Case Information System: 866-222-8029
July 14, 2014
Tucson Office Goes Cashless: Effective July 14, 2014, the Tucson office will be cashless. Filing fees must be paid with either a cashier's check or money order made payable to US Bankruptcy Court. Other fees may be paid by cashier's check, money order or credit card. No payments made in cash can be accepted.
June 20, 2014
Pro se parties can sign up for an appointment on the court's website from the "Debtor Help" page link here > http://shc.azb.uscourts.gov/.
June 6, 2014
Check Your Judge Assignment and Hearing Location: Due to recent changes on the Bankruptcy bench, your case may have been reassigned to a different judge. Please confirm the judge assigned to your case before appearing in court. Below is a list of each Bankruptcy judge and their courtroom assignments.
Judge Daniel P. Collins - Courtroom 603
Judge George B. Nielsen (recalled) - Courtroom 602
Judge Sara Sharer Curley - Courtroom 701
Judge Eileen W. Hollowell - Courtroom 301*
Judge Brenda Moody Whinery - Courtroom 301*
Judge Eddward P. Ballinger - Courtroom 703
Judge Madeleine C. Wanslee - Courtroom 702
Judge Brenda K. Martin - Courtroom 601
* Signage will be posted when there is a change in hearing location for Judge Hollowell or Judge Whinery.
May 21, 2014
- NCBJ Announces Blackshear Fellowship Opportunities for 2014 Conference: The National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges is now accepting applications for its Honorable Cornelius Blackshear Presidential Fellowships for minority lawyers who practice bankruptcy law. Click on the link below for information about Judge Blackshear, the Fellowship criteria, the application form, and other information about the program: http://www.ncbj.org/?page=BlackshearFellowship
Named after esteemed Bankruptcy Judge Blackshear (now retired) of the Southern District of New York, the fellowship program provides both waived conference registration ($900 value) and a stipend for reasonable travel/hotel expenses for five up-and-coming minority bankruptcy practitioners (with less than 10 years' experience) who wish to attend the annual conference of the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges and who otherwise meet the selection criteria.
This year's conference will be held October 8 - 11 in Chicago at the Hyatt Regency. To view this year's conference agenda, go to http://www.ncbjmeeting.org/
The deadline for submitting an application is AUGUST 1, 2014. The correspondence and attachments in .pdf format must be sent by e-mail to: Chambersof_JPHopkins@ohsb.uscourts.gov
May 16, 2014
- Fee Increases Go Into Effect On June 1, 2014: The new fee for filing:
- Chapter 7 filing fee is $335.00
- Chapter 11 filing fee is $1,717.00
- Chapter 13 filing fee is $310.00
- Adversary Complaint is $350.00
April 3, 2014
- Judge Collins Courtroom Location Change Effective April 8, 2014: Judge Daniel P. Collins will be occupying the former chamber of Judge Haines on the 6th floor and holding court in Courtroom 603 beginning Tuesday, April 8, 2014.
- Bankruptcy Filing Fee Increases Effective June 1, 2014: The Judicial Conference met on March 11, 2014 and approved changes to the Bankruptcy Court Miscellaneous Fee Schedule effective June 1, 2014. A summary of those changes is listed below.
- Fee for filing an adversary complaint increases to 350.00
- Administrative fees increase as follows:
- For the filling of a new petition under Chapters 7, 12 or 13 to $75.00
- For the filing of a new petition under Chapters 9, 11 or 15 to $550.00
- For the filing of a motion to deconsolidate\split a joint case under Chapters 7, 12 or 13 to $75.00
- For the filing of a motion to deconsolidate\split a joint case under Chapters 9, 11 or 15 to $550.00
- As a result, fees for filing a new bankruptcy petition will increase as follows:
- Chapter 7 filing fee increases to $335.00
- Chapter 9 filing fee increases to $1,717.00
- Chapter 11 filing fee increases to $1,717.00
- Chapter 12 filing fee increases to $275.00
- Chapter 13 filing fee increases to $310.00
- Chapter 15 filing fee increases to $1,717.00
March 18, 2014
- Changes at the Phoenix Courthouse:
- Judge George Nielsen has moved his chambers to the 6th Floor and will be holding court in courtroom 602.
- Judge Madeleine Wanslee was sworn in as the court's newest judge on March 17, 2014. She will be occupying the former chamber of Judge Nielsen on the 7th Floor and holding court in courtroom 702.
- Please check the judge's procedural pages for staff contact information.
March 12, 2014
- CM/ECF Maintenance: Required maintenance and security updates will be applied to the CM/ECF servers on Sunday, March 16, 2014, between 2pm and 4pm. During the maintenance window, users can expect disruptions in access to the CM/ECF application. Status updates will be posted to the CM/ECF Operations Notice page.
- Local Rules Project: As part of an ongoing project to review the court's Local Rules, the Committee on the Local Rules is seeking comments or suggestions from the bar on any specific existing local rules that may need to be modified or any new areas not currently covered, where a local rule would be helpful when appearing before the bankruptcy court. Suggestions may be emailed to: Local_Rules@azb.uscourts.gov preferably no later than April 30, 2014.
March 6, 2014
- Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Judgeship Openings:
January 28, 2014
Yuma Office Goes Cashless: Effective February 18, 2014, the Yuma office will be cashless. Filing fees must be paid with either a cashier's check or money order made payable to US Bankruptcy Court. Other fees may be paid by cashier's check, money order or credit card. No payments made in cash can be accepted.
January 9, 2014